Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: EC76488
Interest Category: Engineering
Interest Sub Category: Engineering - General
Job Title : Senior Engineer A - Chemical Engineer
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Regular Hire
State: South Carolina
Minimum Requirements: Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering with 7+ years of applicable experience, OR
• Master of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering with 5+ years of applicable experience, OR
• PhD Degree in Chemical Engineering with 2+ years of applicable experience.
• Candidate must be knowledgeable of advanced engineering principles and practices to develop appropriate outputs.
• Must have working knowledge of National Codes and Standards.
• Must also have working knowledge of unit operations, heat transfer, fluid flow, reduction-oxidation chemical reactions.
• Good organizational and communication skills are necessary. Must be able to express ideas concisely and clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a changing environment with multiple demands and priorities is required.
• Must have ability to read and interpret Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (Drawings), System Descriptions, and Vendor Documents.
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
• Relocation benefits are available for qualified candidates.
Job Description: Savannah River Remediation, an LLC of URS Corporation, is seeking a Senior Engineer A – Chemical Engineer to be based in our Aiken, SC location.
Serve as the Design Authority for processing systems and chemical flowsheets supporting Tank Farm operations, the Defense Waste Processing Facility, and the Saltstone facility. Assist the operations department in maintaining facility operations within established baseline and safety requirements, maintain system configuration control, monitor system performance, assist in troubleshooting, and provide cost-effective recommendations for system operations. Define design requirements for new facility modifications and ensure the requirements are incorporated in subsequent designs, construction, testing, and operations. Assist in the study, development, testing, and analyses of designs, processes, and procedures related to facility operations. Organize and accept responsibility for the accuracy of technical analyses, and evaluation of results using standard techniques and procedures. Perform engineering calculations, as necessary.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE