Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Senior Associate: Computer Operator
Location: USA-SC: SOUTH CAROLINA-CHARLESTON
Job Number: 130023O
Essential Job Functions
* Enters more complex commands on computers, tape drives, printers, data communications equipment, and plotters to integrate and operate equipment. Establishes and/or revises operating procedures as necessary.
* Interfaces with customers to ensure that servers are functioning and to gather information about more complex server requirements. Interfaces with vendors as appropriate to expedite problem resolution.
* Researches peripheral equipment and error messages displayed on monitor to detect faulty output or machine stoppage. Tests, evaluates, and resolves more complex equipment problems and system outages, and escalates issues as necessary to maintain job production.
* Maintains audit trail of job activities and status to document productivity. Maintains more comprehensive quality records to ensure standards are met.
* Monitors and maintains the production job schedule and ensures the schedule is adhered to in order to maintain performance. Guides and checks the work activities of a group of computer operators. Guides training of new operators.
* Performs more complex scheduled, such as daily, weekly, or nightly, backups on systems in order to maintain production.
* Takes printers and terminals in and out of service as required, and assists in resolving more complex hardware related problems in the data center. Coordinates the movement of equipment and assets in order to maintain production.
* Monitors customer data file restores to ensure that data are current and accurate.
* Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce incident rate. Utilizes standard problem management tools to record discrepancies in the environment.
* Assists workers in classifying, cataloging, and maintaining tapes to oversee and maintain computer operations.
* High school diploma or G.E.D.
* Two or more years of vocational training in computer operations or related field preferred
* Eight or more years of computer operations experience
* Experience working with systems infrastructure including hardware configuration, operating system, emergency operating procedures, and networks
* Experience working with system job control language
* Experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
* Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
* Leadership skills
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Job: Operations Services