Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Advanced CNC Operator - 2nd and Weekend Shifts
Job Code: 3854
Location: COLUMBIA, SC US
Job Type: Temp. to Hire
Job Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) - 1 - 5 years
Education: High School / GED
Compensation: - USD Per Year
Recruiting Solutions is a locally owned, independentstaffing agency that provides customized workforce solutions ona direct hire, contract to hire and temporary basis. The key to oursuccess has been building quality, long-term partnerships with ourclient companies and field associates. Recruiting Solutions is hereto help you find career opportunities that best fit your preferencesand talents with employers of choice.
Recruiting Solutions specializes in placing experiencedprofessionals in the following categories: Office Professional, ITand Skilled Manufacturing. If you are looking to take the next step in your career, wecan help you make the right connection that works for you!
The Advanced CNC Operator plansand performs a variety of machine operations utilizing computerizednumerical control machining centers to cut, shape, or form metal workpieces to specifications by performing the following duties.
* Interpretsbasic drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets todetermine work to be done.
* Performs avariety of milling, drilling, boring, and turning on CNC machiningcenters or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances.
* Reviews OCS /OS sheet and specifications to determine machining sequence, toolingrequirements / changes and dimensions of finished work piece.
* Make offsetsand adjustments as required, compensating for tool wear or toolingchanges.
* Performs avariety of inspection and gauging operations to insure maintenance ofquality standards and specifications. (Metric & inch).
* Able toperform open inspection setups using gage blocks, roll pins,microhites, micrometers and calipers etc..
* UsingKnowledge of CNC concepts, theories, and terminology performs machinesetups, change fixtures, change programs, and qualify first piece forproduction with minimal assistance from Machine Technicians.
* Can run most jobs in thedepartment or has the ability and skills needed to run any CNC jobwith minimum training.
* The physical demands described here are representative ofthose that must be met by an employee to successfully perform theessential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may bemade to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee isregularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, orfeel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee mustoccasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific visionabilities required by this job include close vision and depthperception.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee isregularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee isoccasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise levelin the work environment is usually loud. Employee will occasionally be exposed to chemicalssuch as cutting fluids, coolants and oils.
* REQUIRED Qualifications:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Atleast three years related experience and/or training; or equivalentcombination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to write simplecorrespondence. Abilityto effectively communicate with others at all levels of theorganization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unitsof measure, using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to use and interpretSPC data as required
* Blueprint reading, must be able to calculatemetric and standard measurements. Knowledge of basic measuring and testingequipment
* Do not apply to this position if you do notmeet the qualifications.
Serious inquiries only. If interested, pleasecall 803-806-8125.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
How did you hear about this job?--Advertisement-PrintCareerBuilder.comFacebookFriend/Word of MouthIndeed.comJob FairLinkedInMonster.comMySpaceOtherOther Job BoardOur WebsiteRecruiterReferral - Client / EmployerReferral - EmployeeState Job Center / Employment Office
Email this job to a friend!
Your friend's email address:
Jobs similar to this one
* Our system found the following job(s) that closely match the job above. The job(s) below are listed in order of relevance. The higher the relevance score, the better the match. Click on the job title to view the job's details.
* Click on theicon to view more jobs that are similar to that particular job.
Relevance Job Code Job Title Location Date Posted
548 3854 Advanced CNC Operator - 2nd and Weekend Shifts COLUMBIA, SC 29201 03/13/13
537 3543 CNC Operator COLUMBIA, SC 29201 10/24/12
457 3544 CNC Mechanic COLUMBIA, SC 29201 10/24/12
423 3678 Tool and Gage Master Technician COLUMBIA, SC 29201 01/09/13
402 3546 Manufacturing Engineer COLUMBIA, SC 29201 10/24/12OR
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will allow you to login if you are a returning user or create a Resume Profile if you are a first time user.)
Applicant Tracking Software
* About Us
* Prospective Affiliates
* The Network
* Resource Center
* Contact Us