Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
02/25/2013 Greenville, SC Network Analyst II/III-NOC 272795 Telecommunications
Join our team and take your career to the next level. Windstream is a communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 48 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $6 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 100,000 route miles.
Advanced technical position working inside a Network Operations Center (NOC) to remotely configure, manage and troubleshoot the network and central offices for trouble resolution. Provide high level technical support for all assigned technologies supporting digital switching, SONET, and/or analog telephony products. Respond to NOC OSS alerts in a timely manner and initiate network element system/subsystem interaction to restore network service. Coordinate the resolution with specific operating company field personnel, NOC management team, and vendor support teams. Identify, isolate and help resolve network and customer impacting issues in a 24 X 7 environment. Make decisions and take actions to prevent network interruptions and service degradation. Work chronic issues as defined by management. Review alarm logs daily to ensure alarms are being properly addressed. Acts as first level escalation point of contact.
• Provide technical and analytical support in determining the root cause of network problems and implement action plans based on Windstream policies and/or guidelines, and NOC departmental processes and procedures
• Able to analyze a minimum of three of the following platform switching messages- DMS-10, DMS-100, GTD-5,GTD5, EWSD, C15.
• Perform equipment diagnostics, follow vendor-troubleshooting procedures, and take corrective actions based on analytical results to ensure uninterrupted network service.
• Assist other technicians with their technical development in the use of monitoring tools, network structure and theory.
• Utilize NOC support subsystems and produce accurate trouble tickets and activity reports.
• Demonstrate a good balance of technical knowledge and customer support skills.
• Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems affecting network performance and escalate to higher tier support using time based and severity criteria.
• Recommend solutions to correct network trouble issues and faults.
• Validate problem descriptions and perform detailed problem diagnosis; track and update problems in trouble-ticketing system.
• Recommend solutions to correct network trouble issues and faults
Associate Degree in a technical discipline, 5-7 years technical experience with 5+ years directly related to the job. College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate, or an equivalent combination of education and directly related Engineering/Technical experience required. Possesses advanced problem solving skills and understanding of telephony and digital technology.
Professional Dues Reimbursement
Career Development and Training
Paid Time Off
Medical and Dental Insurance Options
Prescription Drug Plan and Vision Coverage
Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) Plan With Employer Match
Experience the benefits of a growing company
For all that you put into your job, you deserve the best in return. From a friendly, team-based environment to progressive salaries and health plans, our benefits work hard for you. See for yourself.
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EOE/AAP Employer.
There is no relocation package offered for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package,
and opportunities to grow your career within an excellent working environment.
WINDSTREAM IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER