Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Manufacturing Process Technician
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Greenville/Spartanburg, SC
Department: OCA - Doris
Benefits: Full-time Benefits
Apply To This Job
Return To List
AFL provides industry-leading products and services to the electric utility, broadband, communications, OEM, enterprise, wireless and transit rail markets as well as the emerging markets of oil and gas, mining, nuclear, avionics, medical, renewable and intelligent grid. The company's diverse product portfolio includes fiber optic cable, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectors, fusion splicers, test equipment and training. AFL's service portfolio includes market-leading positions with the foremost communications companies supporting both the central office and outside plant areas.
Founded in 1984, AFL is proud to offer engineering expertise, exceptional products and reliable service that help our customers improve their critical and electrical infrastructure. AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Asia. The company is headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan. For more information, visitwww.AFLglobal.com.
TheManufacturing Process Technicianwill report to the Manager of the Doris OPS Project and may be assigned to different projects as business needs dictate. The position is located at our Duncan, SC corporate office.
The Manufacturing Process Technician will be responsible for assisting in the development and manufacture of fiber optic products.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assist Engineers with the development and testing of new products
* Assist Engineers with the development of new manufacturing and test methods
* Complete product builds using controlled work packages
* Conduct product tests using detailed test instructions
* Train production associates how to build and test new products
* Supervise and provide technical support to production associates
* Understand and comply with AFL’s Quality System Policies and Procedures
* Understand and comply with AFL’s Environmental, Health, and Safety Policies and Procedures
* Perform other duties as required.
* Must successfully complete pre-employment assessments, background & reference checks
* Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent experience
* 2 to 4 years experience in a product manufacturing, quality assurance, process technician, or engineering technician position
* Fiber optic and/or mechanical assembly experience
* Knowledge of ISO-9000 based quality systems
* Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
* Ability to compile and analyze numerical data
* Strong attention to detail, organization, and analytical skills
* Solid communication and interpersonal skills
* Proficiency with MS Office Applications
Competencies for success:
* Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve even the most challenging environments with limited supervision.
* Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills who is comfortable in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment.
* Ability to work in and lead self-directed teams
* Ability to multitask
* Problem Solving
* Attention to detail
Apply To This Job