Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Greer, SC, United States, North America
1 - 5 Years of Experience
E-mail to a friend
« Return to list
Packaging Engineer II-Job 1866
About this jobResponsibilities
The Packaging Engineer is responsible for implementing, improving, and maintaining the packaging standards for the operations including inbound raw material and outbound customer packaging. This individual will be responsible for improving packaging performance with attention to supplier relations, material and suppler specifications, line-side delivery efficiencies and various internal functional group requirements. The Packaging Engineer is leading coordinating all processes in this regards and is fully responsible for the financial management of the investment and budget planning / spending. This position is leading work packages and projects.
.• Design proper packaging to protect and preserve product (container modifications).
• Responsible leader for the development / implementation of new packaging concepts
• Development of new packaging concepts
• Leader of the packaging review process to get the buy off for the racks from part suppliers and the plant process partner
• Works with internal associates for packaging changes (CCB – change control board).
• Monitor part profile information
• Work with direct and indirect supplier to assure supplier conformance to packing item specifications
• Update service parts packaging standards as needed
• Maintain quantity packs and audit for conformance
• Assist in negotiating indirect supply agreements specific to packaging
• Provide packaging cost quotes as needed using approved packaging suppliers
• Leader of the Sequencing CCB Hall 52"
• Fully responsible for the investment planning and the fund management (several Mio USD / year)
• Fully responsible for the maintenance / modification budget planning and the fund management (>100K$ / year)
• Member of VPS team
Performs other duties as assigned by operations supervisor.
This is a long term contract position with full time hours.
3- 5 years minimum demonstrated work experience in packaging design/specification (inbound and outbound), line side presentation, engineering change control, and inventory management.
3-5 years experience in material flow planning, experience in material train planning.
Experience with material flow and engineering drawings.
Bachelor degree in Packaging Engineering or equivalent of 4 years experience in manufacturing environment.
German language skills required
Advanced = experience in packaging planning – if possible in a manufacturing environment
Advanced = proficient in MS Office programs
Advanced = knowledge of material handling equipment
Advanced = verbal and written communication skills
Advanced = writes clearly and concisely, and assures communications are comprehensive and timely
Advanced = packaging design – disposable and returnable
Advanced = leveraging common packaging designs
Intermediate = understanding of how to minimize dunnage and repacking
Intermediate = design and/or guidance of line side rack
Intermediate = design of returnable racking (metal and non-metal)
Intermediate = interfacing with Engineers
Intermediate = suppliers and customers
Intermediate = logistics companies
Job keywords/tags: Packaging,engineering,automotive,manufacturing