Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title Design Engineer
Job Location Ladson, SC
Degree Required BSME
Burny-Kaliburn, based in Ladson, South Carolina, is a designer and manufacturer of premier shape cutting solutions, custom engineered systems, and web tension control products. Burny and Kaliburn are highly regarded brands in the shape cutting and motion control industries. They are recognized for excellent customer support and service, and high-quality, precision products. Burny-Kaliburn isa wholly owned subsidiary of Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc.
The Lincoln Electric Company is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic welding systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment. Recognized as the welding experts, Lincoln products are manufactured in 40 manufacturing plants and facilities in 19 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices covering more than 160 countries.
Lincoln knows our strength as an industry leader begins with selecting the very best individuals to join our team of professionals. You have the opportunity to design your future and achieve a fulfilling career. If you’re up for the challenge, consider the possibilities.
TheDesign Engineerposition will be located in Ladson, South Carolina. The position reports to theR&D Manager. The Design Engineer will work in an R&D environment and be responsible for developing leading edge plasma cutting torches and torch consumables that advance the Units plasma arc cutting technology. The Design Engineer will be responsible for ensuring product designs meet and exceed customer and market operational demands and quality expectations.
Responsibilities will include:
· Develop new ideas / concepts and take through design / development phase and into production.
· Establish project schedules and meet scheduled dates.
· Maintain accurate and complete development records.
Skills, Aptitude, and Abilities:
* BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Applied Physics
* Exceptional analytical skills in one or more of the following areas:
o Fluid Dynamics and CFD modeling – transient and steady state conditions
o Heat Transfer
o Thermal Plasmas
o Mathematical Modeling
o Design, Analysis and Simulation
* Experience with 2D/3D CAD design software.
* Firm understanding of electrical theory.
* Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Pay commensurate with experience
* Health and Life Insurance
* Long Term Disability
* 401k/profit sharing plans
* Paid holidays and vacation
Interested candidates can apply by emailing work history and salary requirements to:
Kathy Pace, HR Manager
Burny-Kaliburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Why Lincoln Electric?
Vision and Values
Promotion from Within
Profit Sharing Bonus
© 1999-2011 The Lincoln Electric Company