Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
RN STAFF (FLEX NURSING WCH)
Department: Flex Nursing (WCH)
Schedule: FLEX RN 3 (min 72 hrs per pay period)
Shift: Varies - Nights
* BSN preferred
* SC RN or Intersate Compact Required
* Minimum of 1- 3 year related experience required
Title: Registered Nurse
Reports to:Head Nurse, Clinical Director, and/or
Administrative House Supervisor
Patient-Age Populations Served:All
Education: Must meet (1)oneof the following (4) four criteria:
Forexternalapplicants (individuals not currently employed by GHS):
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred. Degree received from an education institution accredited by National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) preferredOR;
2. Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) required with proof of acceptance into a Bachelor of Science Nursing degree educational program,andmust complete BSN program and present proof of obtainment of BSN within 3 years of hire date. (The 3 year time period does not restart if transfer occurs to additional RN licensed positions during tenure. Employees who meet this criteria will be required to review and sign a memo of understanding indicating due date to achieve BSN)
ForinternalGHS applicants seeking a position transfer (individuals currently employed by GHS):
3. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred. Degree received from an education institution accredited by National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) preferredOR;
4. GHS licensed nurse in current position requiring RN license per the job description with a hire date prior to July 1, 2012 who has an Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)andmust complete BSN program and present proof of obtainment of BSNwithin 4 yearsof transfer date to new position. (The 4 year time period does not restart if transfer occurs to additional RN licensed positions during the 4 year period. Employees who meet this criteria will be required to review and sign a memo of understanding indicating due date to achieve BSN)
Previous experience in an acute care setting preferred.
Licensure and certification:
Current and in good standing RN Licensure with South Carolina Board of Nursing.
American Heart Association Healthcare provider course with Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required to be initially completed with the GHS Staff Development Office within 30 calendar days of hire date (exceptions to obtain certification from a provider other than the GHS Staff Development Office are approved by Staff development on a case by case basis). BLS Recertification is required every two years.
Works with patients, families, physicians, and other health care providers.
Physical Requirements: MediumWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee isfrequently(activity or condition exists from 1/3 to
2/3 of the time) required to stand, sit, and walk;occasionally(activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) to use hands, fingers; and
frequentlyto talk or hear. The employee must exert 20 to 35 pounds of forceoccasionally, and/or 10 to 15 pounds of forcefrequently,
and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of forceconstantlyto move objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
May be exposed to infectious specimens, diseases, and soiled laundry, however, potential for personal harm or injury is limited when proper
safety and health precautions are followed.
Position Summary:The Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of nursing care based on standards of care and professional
nursing practice; accountable for the outcomes of nursing care delivered.