Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Requisition Number: 393313
Job Title: Business Services Officer IV
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Location: 2619 N Oak St
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577-3129
Additional Job Details:
Line of Business: Community Banking Div Group
Job Category: Professionals
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
2. BB&T?s Leadership Development Program graduate or equivalent program atanother financial institution, Stonier or LSU graduate, PSS III, ManagingInterpersonal Relationships, Leadership Management
3. Minimum of eight years experience
4. Strong command of credit and finance
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Excellent negotiation skills
7. Extensive knowledge of PC applications
8. Ability to travel, occasionally ovenight
1. Handle loan requests from $1,000,000 up to a total credit relationship of$25,000,000, demonstrate a general understanding of major technical aspects oflending, and has a clear understanding of the basics of credit and finance.
2. May delegate work, set schedules, guide, advise, review, and train area orassigned personnel in the more complex phases of their work.
3. Work with City Executive, senior Business Services Officers and CreditOfficers to develop skills in
prospecting, client management, call execution, Integrated RelationshipManagement and credit underwriting.
4. Develop, approve, and service business loans for business and individualclients within limits of authority.
5. Interview applicants to develop financial and credit information, toascertain needs, abilities, earnings, and risk; request necessary information,such as financial and operating statements.
6. Evaluate and extend credit and terms in accordance with policy and lendingauthority.
7. Prepare and present/recommend to higher authority, individual, or committeeany loans in excess of authority.
8. Assume responsibility for proper documentation and review of accounts.
9. Monitor loans to ensure complete conformity with terms and to ascertain anydeveloping trends.
10. Aggressively call on potential and existing clients to maintain productivityand profitability in lending and non-lending relationships; successfully executethe BB&T Decathlon Sales Process.
11. Monitor, maintain, and update sales activity, pipeline, and other pertinentinformation using the Bank?s contact management system.
12. Keep abreast of changing business and economic developments which impact theloan portfolio, its profitability, and banking in general.
13. Ensure commercial banking relationships are fully developed, includingspecific efforts to serve the retail banking needs of the clients?owners/management/employees by partnering with Wealth Management Advisors,Private Bankers, and Relationship Managers.
14. Identify and market non-credit services by partnering with FinancialServices Specialists in sales meetings, client and prospect calls, anddeveloping and delivery of custom solutions.
15. Prepare various reports as requested.
16. Service delinquent accounts as required.
17. Represent BB&T in the community by actively participating in civicaffairs and local and professional organizations to identify and develop newclients and enhance the Bank?s image.
18. If required, handle marketing function for profit center.